City of San Diego Encroachment Maintenance and Removal Agreement

Utility: A person or entity that provides gas, electrical, or communication services to the citizens of San Diego under a franchise granted by the City or State of California. Note: Standard water, sewer or fire services (services perpendicular to the corresponding main line), entrances, sidewalk underpasses, etc. are not considered interventions. The interventions are all private and maintained improvements that are located in the public right-of-way or in a public easement. For example, non-standard improvements to parkways (landscape features that are not clearly excluded in the Municipal Code), private storm drains connected to public drainage, planters, or non-standard water or sewer services would be considered an intervention. Note: An ERME is required for any private and/or private interference that is in the public right-of-way or in a public service easement. Please refer to Section 129.0717 of the San Diego City Code. This permit is required for any work or encroachment on proposed private property in the public right-of-way (ROW) or for the installation of public improvements in the ROW. Projects that require ROW approval include dry utilities, private utilities, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and sidewalk cafes.

Approval of work or interventions on private properties proposed in the EMPRISE depends on the satisfaction of the municipal engineer, as considered in the approval reviews of the required APPLICATION or plans of the PSE. For more information, see San Diego Municipal Code Chapter 12, Article 9, Division 7 (Right-of-way permits) These types of designs are created for minor improvements in the ROW, these improvements are made in accordance with city standards and may include, but are not limited to, the removal and replacement of existing sidewalks, the removal and replacement of sidewalk ramps. Installation of entrances, installation of sidewalk underpasses and sidewalk exits, removal and replacement of existing alley pavement and apron, etc. Form DS-340 „Request for Extension of classification/rights of way deadline“ must be sent to the quote counter located on the 3rd floor of the Development Service Centre to request an extension of the deadline for a right-of-way permit (ROW) that has not yet expired. If a ROW permit expires before an application for an extension of time is filed, no extension will be granted. The applicant/eligible person may submit an application for an extension of the time limit no earlier than 60 calendar days before the expiry of the authorisation. For more information on the expiration and renewal of ROW permits, see San Diego City Code Section 129.0750. Driveway: A public trail up to 25 feet wide and intended to serve as a secondary access to adjacent land. A public right-of-way permit is required for the following, unless otherwise specified in section 129.0703: ROW permits are granted for an initial period of two years, unless otherwise specified in the San Diego Municipal Code, from the granting of the permit. In the event of extenuating circumstances requiring additional time to complete the scope of approved work, extensions may be granted. The San Diego Municipal Code allows for two extensions. Each extension is in increments of 6 months (180 days).

No additional extensions can be proposed. A minimal processing fee will be charged for each renewal application to be paid by the applicant if the application is accepted. A public ROW permit is not required for the following work: Once the permit has been granted and the fee has been paid, please contact the Department of Public Works, Construction Management and the Department of Foreign Services at 858-627-3200 prior to the start of work to arrange a pre-construction meeting with the resident engineer. At the end of the STEM meeting, the permit is considered „active.“ Land line: A line that defines the boundaries of land or parcel of land for the purposes of enforcing development by-laws. See Chapter 11, Section 3, Section 113.0246 of the San Diego City Code for more information on determining property boundaries. EMRA (Maintenance and Encroachment Removal Agreement) Requirements: Public Improvement: Is this the act or result of the construction, reconstruction or repair of improvements that are for public or incidental purposes. You will need to upload the completed documents from step 2. .

Before proceeding with the ROW licence application, it is imperative that you determine whether one or more discretionary approvals are required. Learn more about discretionary approvals. It is important to assess and verify whether the proposed work is in a municipal row. This can be achieved by acquiring a licensed professional or by conducting research at the Downtown Development Services Centre. This typical analysis may include: NOTE: Documents must be in PDF format. View PDF Requirements To find the corners of ownership, you will need a copy of the map and/or deed used to create your property. You can try to interpret it, but to make sure all the monuments are in the right place, or to prepare maps/legal documents, you need to contact a professional land surveyor (or a civil engineer registered before 1982) licensed by the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Public right-of-way: public easement for streets, alleys or other uses. Dedication: Real estate or interest in the property offered and accepted by the city for public use. In surveying, monuments are defined as physical objects on or in the ground that determine the position of the demarcation lines. Monuments are often referred to as „property marks“ by a layman.

The monuments come in many shapes and sizes, from a small saddle in lead-reinforced concrete, a set of concrete nails and brass discs, a set of lead and brass discs in an iron pipe of different diameters, a rock, a 200-year-old Douglas fir, from the middle of a river or even from the crest of a mountain range. to name a few. Monuments can be natural or artificial. Once the plans are approved, the project contact will be informed of any additional points required to grant the permit. These typically involve paying an inspection fee (or down payments), reserving performance guarantees (if any), and providing information about the contractor. Public Service Easement: any easement granted to the City of San Diego for utilities of any kind and related entities. Fence: Vertical barrier or housing made of a material that does not support any load other than its own weight. Further information can be found in the following points: The holder is responsible for the costs of preserving and replacing all surveying monuments destroyed by construction. If a vertical control monument is to be disturbed or destroyed, the City of San Diego`s Field Investigation Department must be notified in writing at least 7 days prior to demolition/construction.

A separate traffic control permit is required prior to the commencement of construction under the public right-of-way. Please read the Project Submission Manual – Section 3 The City offers three categories for a ROW permit depending on the scope of work: this type of drawing is prepared for major public improvements. These include new roads, widened roads and paths, the construction of new curbs and gutters, the change of the slopes of existing roads, the installation of new sewers, new storm drains, new street lighting and new traffic lights. According to Section 129.0720 of the San Diego Municipal Code, the preparation of such plans must be prepared by a professional with the current Registration of the State of California in the professional field required for approval. Display the design guidelines and templates associated with the ROW approval request on the D sheets. Construction plans do not have to be drawn up by a licensed civil engineer. However, a registered land surveyor is required to certify the survey of the site. Construction plans are not always submitted, permits for construction plans can be obtained at the counter. For more information, see Information Bulletin 165.

. .

Comments are closed.